Mermaid Island

I grew up a swimmer and felt at home in the water as much as I did on land. I have always been fascinated by the chaos and stillness that can all be found while being enveloped by it. I saw Barbara Cole's work in the most recent Anthropologie catalog and once again was reminded of my love for water.

I have some great underwater photos from my high school swim team days and I just ransacked my studio looking for them... If they appear I will share. In the meantime, here's one from two years ago at the La Jolla Rough Water Swim. A mile of swimming with sharks (bottom dwellers they tell you...), sea weed, and lots of crazy competive people who like to kick you in the eye when you're just trying to survive out there.

Jenn and I roughing it.



Barbara Cole's Work



Ruthi  – (May 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM)  

i so remember when you did the rough water swim. Feels like FOREVER ago.

You need to get back in the water, girl.

Unknown  – (May 20, 2009 at 5:14 PM)  

Mae! Oh my love, that was a beautiful day! I think we're just like Barbara Cole's models... lol. Love you!

Post a Comment