Bon Voyage, Julie!

This weekend I said goodbye to my dear friend, Julie, who is off to Nicaragua for a two year service with the Peace Corps. As a farewell present I handmade envelopes out of maps of cities she has lived in or frequently visited throughout her life. The whole message was about where she has come from and how that shapes her for where she is going to serve.

I dismantled an envelope and used it as a pattern for the map envelopes. I used my new Martha bone tool to cleanly fold the flaps down. I made the stationery pieces out of cardstock with airmail stickers placed across them at odd angles. What a refreshing project to make something by hand vs. sitting behind a computer! Although... the address labels that go on the envelope I did make on the computer... can't ever seem to get away from it :)

I will miss you, Julie! Save travels and I expect to get some mail with Nicoraguan stamps on it in the next two years.

Kate  – (August 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM)  

ok, can i say so fun?!?! I LOVE these! you should have these available in your store!! I would totally buy a bunch!!

Post a Comment