MaeMae's Book Club


Watch out, Oprah. I've got my own must-read list piled up on my studio desk, next to my bed, on my stairs and on the living room couch. All inspiration to my work and life in some way, here is what I have been pouring over lately:


from left to right:
Taking Things Seriously, Joshua Glenn & Carol Hayes - the importance of little objects
The Things They Carried, Tim O'Brien - stories about story telling
Love is the Killer App, Tim Sanders - networking guide
Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Book (circa 1950) - illustration heaven
Nike's 100 Artifacts from the Battle Against Drag - compliments of Ruthi all the way from China
A few little Anthropologie catalogs - I have all the catalogs from 2002-2008. Eagerly awaiting this one tracked down by the illustrious Whitty Stroupe who lovingly mailed to me today.
The Creative Habit, Twyla Tharp - live-changer for anyone who makes their living through creative work.
Maryland Institute College of Art Undergraduate Prospectus - been using it as a design resource for 5 years
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, David Sedaris - hilarious.
Twentieth-Century Pattern Design, Lesley Jackson - obsessed with art nouveau since I started working with Miss Jan E.
Neenah and Lettra paper resources (classic crest & cotton) - a must have for a stationer.
The Sartorialist, Scott Schuman - I die happy now.
Craft INC, Meg Mateo Ilasco - BUY THIS BOOK NOW if you want to make money doing what you love. Seriously. Get it. NOW.
Come Away My Beloved, Frances J. Roberts - Peace from God every day.


I love the pink paper and the black and white illustrations.

You have to WORK hard, not wait for creative genius to drop in on you!

Love the red page edges from Nike, my favorite photo from The Saratorialist, shot on my desk.

Crane's Lettra's pretty pretty cotton papers.

This particular pattern/color palette makes me drool.

What is your must-read book??????

Shannon  – (September 5, 2009 at 3:18 PM)  

quotidian mysteries by kathleen norris. obsessed with it!

(wednesday meeting need to happen.......... havent forgotten!)

Katie  – (September 5, 2009 at 4:54 PM)  

Trying to read Atlas Shrugged...mostly because of its classic status, but I am not impressed so far.... PS, I don't think I've ever commented before- I'm Whit's friend Katie from Dallas- love your blog! Follow it daily:) I have one too over at www.big-city-pretty.blogspot.com.

MaeMae Paperie  – (September 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM)  

thanks for sharing your blog, katie!! and about atlas shrugged... i could not get into it either. just sold it on half.com last week actually...

Post a Comment