Meet Winston (and Rose!)


It has been quite the journey from starting up MaeMae in my college studio to working on my debut wedding collection album that is launching next month. I have learned so much about the creative process, customer service, and asking for help. These past two weeks have been fully dedicated to getting the collection to the printers and I could NOT have done it without my fab assistant Katie and my intern - ROSE! Rose has been doing work for MaeMae from far away (New Zealand!) for the past year and this summer made the long journey all the way to my studio to wok here. If that doesn't blow your mind I don't know what will. We are having so much fun designing away and learning NZ lingo (my favorite word is "roggie" = roger aka OK).

Above is the last collection inspiration board for Winston, my desert-loving character. Yes he has a pet llama. 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10

PS I will be launching some new branding elements in Sept - what do you think of the these triangle number markers??

Jane  – (August 23, 2011 at 12:57 PM)  

yay! so excited and so proud of you my dear!!! triangles rule :)

Emma Ann Robertson  – (August 23, 2011 at 1:46 PM)  

YO. I can't wait to see the wedding collection!!!! There is no doubt in my mind that it's going to be incredible.

Anonymous –   – (August 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM)  

What a beautiful clutch!

Jenni  – (August 23, 2011 at 6:55 PM)  

i'm so excited, i cant hardly stand it! i just adore your work :) bring on september!!

Ashley Nicole  – (August 24, 2011 at 11:51 AM)  

Can't wait to see your collections! Judging by your inspiration boards they are going to be FABULOUS. ps - love the triangles, first thing I noticed :)

Kristin  – (August 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM)  

I am beyond excited and CAN"T WAIT to see your new collections! Everything looks beautiful so far! I love the inspiration boards (and the triangles)!!!

Carina  – (August 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM)  

The triangle markers are fantasssticcc!

Cristina  – (October 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM)  

Before you even asked the question, I was thinking to myself, "such superb triangular markers!"

Post a Comment