Be Inspired By: Bonnie Tsang


"Be Inspired" was started to share commendable artists' work as inspiration to you as well as a look into what inspires them personally. I can't apologize enough for the huge gap between artists! Fresh artists will now be featured every Monday. WOoo! Be inspired.

This week's artist is renowned photographer, super mom, and kind friend, Bonnie Tsang.
Looking at her work is like putting in better eyes. All of her work is so clear, filled with colors I have never seen. Her wedding work is STUNNING. They have a sophisticated fashion edge. Tsang introduced her readers to an old photo project from 2004 of her doll Blythe. One of my fav new series; so other-worldly and amazing. "By taking photos of my dolls, I was able to test/learn different angles for portraits (believe it or not, LOL), which really helped develop my photography style." I love that. Be Inspired by her work, her story, and what inspires her.

What's your favorite color combination?
Pink and Green - super sweet and girly and romantic!

Most listened to song on iTunes?
Read My Mind by The Killers. I don't dance, but the song always makes me want to dance!

What is your favorite project/piece? Why?
My favorite piece would have to be a photo I took of a hummingbird with my Mom's bird feeder. It's very memorable because that's the first photo I photographed *for* someone and being able to capture the hummingbird mattered to me.


What projects are you currently working on?
I am brainstorming a little shop selling photo prints from myself and my 5-year old daughter (she's good with film!). I think it'll be so cute. I love how she sees the world compare to me.

the beautiful Miss V.

What inspires you? Who inspires you?
My family and friends are what inspire me, especially my daughter. Saul Leiter is just amazing with the way he captured life on the streets. Photography books and fashion magazines also inspire me.

ROW ONE: Saul Leiter
ROW TWO: Annie Leibovitz At Work (photo by Tsang)

What are your favorite mediums?
Film!

Images from Tsang's travels.

Images of Tsang's first model Blythe.

Images from various weddings Tsang has shot.

What other arts are you interested in?
Painting, sculpture, music, musical... too many! I love everything art.

What do you want to be in ten years?
Wow, I rarely think this far... Ten years... I want to be a super mom who can balance her life perfectly and be happy.

What are some sites that inspire you?
Women In Photography
Kids with Camera

Contact Bonnie at: bonnie.photo.is@gmail.com and check out more of her beautiful work bonnietsang.bigfolioblog.com.

Thanks, B, for sharing your gorgeous work on "Be Inspired!" I can't wait to see your little shop with your mother/daughter collaboration work.

*MaeMae

ticklishfromadistance  – (July 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM)  

These images are gorgeous. Is that her daughter? They are just so wonderful!

Post a Comment