Gospel Swamp Coffee

Recently I had the privilege of working with Chad Bowker from Gospel Swamp Coffee Roasters to create his first ever business card. Printed on the thickest chipboard around, the one-sided card was letterpressed brown on brown for the earthy and tactile feel Gospel Swamp uses in all of its packaging. (trumpet sounding for first ever, MAEMAE + LETTERPRESS!!!)

The philosophy behind the new coffee roaster is to keep things simple and personal. Something I can appreciate. I also love the history behind the company's name: "Around the turn of the century 1900, everything from Huntington Beach to Santa Ana was known as Gospel Swamp. It got its name from the preachers that brought their tent revivals to this area that was, at the time, nothing more than a vast marshland. We named the company Gospel Swamp to be a constant affirmation of our dedication to bring quality coffee to our hometown."

Buy some delish Gospel Swamp coffee from Chad TODAY!! And I can back that because Chad was ever so gracious to send me a bag.

Real Gospel Swamp beans... mmmm. Maybe I ate some raw while photographing them...


Ruthi  – (August 6, 2009 at 4:04 PM)  

oh my gosh, I LOVE it!!

letterpressed chipboard?!

I die.

Post a Comment