Meet Lindsay!



So in case you just started reading the MaeMae blog and you didn't see our last layout, we got a brilliant facelift from a true web genius, Lindsay Pruitt. To say I love it is an understatement. If you invite someone to your house you want to make sure it is picked up and smells good. If you invite someone to your blog don't you want it to be all cleaned up and purdy? Hello! YES! Please contact her today and get that blog fixed up, girl. Throw any design at her, she can do it. Here is a little interview with the expert:

What got you interested in web/blog design?
A little over a year ago, I moved to Mississippi and started my blog Busy Thoughts to keep my family updated on my life. I had never blogged before but I quickly became addicted. I started to follow other blogs and began to realize what a difference the design of a blog could make to the reader's experience. A great blog design can say everything about the blogger. I started playing around with HTML code and teaching myself the web basics through trial and error, redesigning Busy Thoughts over and over. Soon, I was asking family and friends if I could design blogs for them just as an excuse to feed my new hobby. I was hooked and eager to learn more. Right around the holidays, it finally clicked in my mind that people get paid to do this for a living... why couldn't that be me?

Where will you be receiving further education for design?
I will be going back to school (May 1st) to receive my Advanced Professional Certificate in Web Design with a dual concentration in advanced web design and graphic design. It is an 18-month, fully hands-on training program through Sessions College for Professional Design that will give me all the tools I need to reach my ultimate career goal of a freelance web designer.

What services do you currently offer and for what blog platforms?
When it comes to blog design, I cover everything! Design concept, custom template, personalized header, layout formatting, basic blogger training... you name it! I pride myself on creating unique blog designs that truly reflect each individual blogger's personality, inspiring the authors to write and enticing others to read. Currently I am offering blog design services for only the blogger platform, but by early summer I will have the programming to accommodate the Wordpress blogging platform as well. Contact me for a price quote: lindsay.pruitt@gmail.com.

Check out Lindsay's blog design page on her blog to see more designs.


Lindsay  – (April 7, 2010 at 6:36 AM)  

Thanks for the post Megan :) It was so fun designing with you. Your ideas are really inspiring!

Emilee Sutherland  – (April 7, 2010 at 5:47 PM)  

Yay! I love Lindsay - the absolute best

Post a Comment