Tutti Frutti


As I go through the process of creating characters to model my collection after it has been such a pleasure to discover new "friends." If you don't know her - meet Carmen Miranda. The original Brazilian bombshell. The actress + singer boldly showed off her curves and vivacious personality while dancing in teetering platform sandals and donning a hat topped with fruit. Get it girl.

1. The Lady in the Tutti Frutti Hat - NY Times Magazine editorial. GORG.
2. Vintage travel poster. Want to see what I do with old poster art? Check it out Oh Joy!
3. Luscious fruit illustrations by Christina.
4. Anna knows what's up. I want these in orange.
5 + 8. New illustrations for the collection.
6. An old flyer from the Plaza.
7. Artwork from Copacabana. If you've seen it, who do you like better - Carmen or Fifi!?
9. Topshop flats. If Carmen ever wore flats I am sure she would go for this little number. Jewel beauty mark anyone?

Unknown  – (January 5, 2011 at 10:24 PM)  

If I haven't said so before, I LOVE your blog!
Xox Alison

Truly Smitten  – (January 6, 2011 at 11:28 AM)  

gorgeous! those flats are so cute!

Valerie  – (January 6, 2011 at 4:56 PM)  

I LOVE it!! My mom actually told me my dress looked like Carmen Miranda. See?? http://theweddingshoebox.com/?p=3086

rachel  – (January 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM)  

those flats must be the most fun shoes ever!

marysia reeves  – (January 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM)  

beautiful post...like the your post! thanks for the inspiration!!!

Sara and Emma  – (January 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM)  

Great post and beautiful pics! Love it.
xoxo/Sara and Emma

Post a Comment