As I go through the process of creating characters to model my collection after it has been such a pleasure to discover new "friends." If you don't know her - meet Carmen Miranda. The original Brazilian bombshell. The actress + singer boldly showed off her curves and vivacious personality while dancing in teetering platform sandals and donning a hat topped with fruit. Get it girl.
1. The Lady in the Tutti Frutti Hat - NY Times Magazine editorial. GORG.
2. Vintage travel poster. Want to see what I do with old poster art? Check it out Oh Joy!
3. Luscious fruit illustrations by Christina.
4. Anna knows what's up. I want these in orange.
5 + 8. New illustrations for the collection.
6. An old flyer from the Plaza.
7. Artwork from Copacabana. If you've seen it, who do you like better - Carmen or Fifi!?
9. Topshop flats. If Carmen ever wore flats I am sure she would go for this little number. Jewel beauty mark anyone?