Back in Action + a Little Martha


Hello, Bloggies!! I missed you all and am excited to be back in action. The first half of this year has been formative, challenging, and joyous. I became an aunt to the sweetest little girl, Ava Jayne, I spent Mother's Day with mom for the first time in six years, I traveled to NYC and feel in love with a new city, eight stores across the country will be carrying my new wedding stationery collection in September (!!), I am returning to the Valley Ho in Scottsdale for an early third wedding anniversary this week with Jae, and my fabulous intern, Katie, has agreed to stay on as my assistant! WOW WOW WOW! Glory!

I had the privilege of working with Enjoy Events Co. on a shoot for Martha Stewart's Wedding Blog that was posted last Friday. I have to say that my eyes were kind of bugging out of my head as I looked through the gorgeous work that Megan + Emily had put together and the beautiful way that Kate captured it all. I am obsessed with the violin casts! AH! How do you even find that?! I love how the shoot is a great mix of interesting textures and themes that fit so perfectly together - not matchy matchy. The stationery is from the Dakota suite and I will be sharing the inspo board on Friday.

Planning + Styling : Enjoy Events Co.
Photography : Kate Harrison
Location : Swarm Gallery
Flowers : Florali 
Papergoods : MaeMae Paperie !!
Brides Dress : Sarah Seven 
Model : Wonderful, beautiful Megan
Artist (wood blocks): Amanda Williams (Chicago, IL), "My Grandmother Was Not One to Repeat Herself" (2011)
Artist (violins): April Banks (Oakland, CA ), "Possession is Nine Tenths" (2011)

Isa Maria  – (May 30, 2011 at 1:25 PM)  

That is amazing! Well done. Martha is a legend even in the UK! I love the whole feel of this shoot, the soft light, textures and the styling is all gorgeous.

her white sunrise  – (May 30, 2011 at 4:18 PM)  

this is so overwhelming inspiring i cant even look. seriously. WOWZAAAAAA!!!!

marysia reeves  – (May 30, 2011 at 5:14 PM)  

SO happy to have you back Megan!!! Congratulations on all the exciting things going on in your life and happy early anniversary!!!
xoxo

Lauren O'Neill  – (May 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM)  

So many exciting things happening! LOVE this shoot—the colors, the textures, every element is perfection. Beautiful work!

jj  – (May 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM)  

ah, so many exciting and happy things going for you! congratulations!

i can't wait to see what's in store for you. all your goods are just so lovely and dreamy. this photo shoot doesn't help my love of your designs.

Dear Evie  – (May 31, 2011 at 6:46 AM)  

Welcome back. ;) Wow - absolutely stunning work as always. Love it.

Lauryl Lane  – (May 31, 2011 at 10:34 AM)  

so pretty! you always blow me away. happy happy to see you blogging again. miss you, mm. xoxo

Kate Harrison  – (June 1, 2011 at 11:42 AM)  

Your work is so inspiring. Love, love, love.

Truly Smitten  – (June 9, 2011 at 10:06 PM)  

Megan! So glad to see you back! We've missed you dearly! And I'm so inspired by how you've met all your goals and more. You are truly talented and inspiring. You GO girl!

Unknown  – (September 6, 2013 at 10:02 AM)  

I'd like to decorate the tables of my wedding with the same kind of globes you are showing in your photos. Could you please let me know where you bought them? Thanks

MaeMae Paperie  – (September 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM)  

Hi, Emilie! Aren't those divine! You will have to ask the ladies at Enjoy Events Co.

Post a Comment