The Wonders of Print Yourself

 

My goal through MaeMae is to widen the traditional spectrum of who can afford beautifully designed stationery sets. I offer flat printing (unlimited colors) on cotton letterpress paper, letterpress, and a surprisingly popular option: print yourself. All of the full service printing options are printed on the most beautiful fluffy cotton paper and are enclosed in super thick matching envelopes or saturated color envelopes. The print yourself option is so perfect for the bride who has a smaller budget, access to a great local print shop or personal at home printer, and has a great do it yourself spirit. It has also become a great additive to brides who are doing really elaborate mailed wedding suites and want to save a little on the reception pieces.

If you choose to go the print yourself option the design process will be the exact same as if we were printing it for you. You can choose either a collection suite or we can do custom. When you are ready to print I will set up a few pieces per page with crop marks and printing instructions for yourself or a third party printer.

I have had brides who own gocco machines, letterpresses, or are planning on silk screening all the pieces. Others love creating things by hand for their wedding and need some assistance with the designing.

This particular suite was a print at home suite that I printed on my $100 printer in my studio. Pretty amazing right!?? All I used was some basic tools that anyone who has ever made a craft probably has:

1   |   printer, Walmart
2   |   paper, Paper Source
3   |   envelopes, Paper Source
4   |   paper cutter, Michael's
5   |   scissors, Michael's
6   |   boning tool (to make creases for thank you card + belly band), Michael's
7   |   fabric cutting mat (to use for creasing), Michael's
8   |   metal ruler (to use with boning tool), Walmart
9   |   double sticky tape (for envelope liner + belly band), Walmart
10 |   envelope liner pattern (I used Paper Source but you can make your own pattern by taking envelope apart)


P.S. This suite is going to be added to the collection catalog soon! If you purchased the design files for these pieces shown (formal, reply, belly band, envelope liner, thank you) the total would be only $400.

Dear Evie  – (May 10, 2010 at 8:27 AM)  

So inspiring as always! I love your work Megan! Can't believe these were printed at home...

Jenni  – (May 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM)  

love it!! you are such an inspiration to me! i actually design invitations in my spare time and did a print-at-home invite for a friend last month. when i received the wedding invite in the mail i was very heartbroken at how it turned out. cheap, thin paper. horrible print quality. offcenter. and whoever printed it stretched it out to an odd size. i was a little embarrassed to say that i had done it. have you ever had problems like this?

Mason  – (May 10, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

Amazing! (As usual!) :)

Susan @ www.peanutpetunia.blogspot.com

MaeMae Paperie  – (May 11, 2010 at 1:04 AM)  

jenni, so disappointing to see your hard work mutilated by bad paper + printing!! i am very involved in the printing processes by suggesting papers and prepping all the files so that they can't be distorted. so far all my clients are very protective of the integrity of the design and want their print job to be perfect. i think the attitude of the client is really important when you give them your files. you want to make sure they respect your work :)

Truly Smitten  – (May 11, 2010 at 9:48 AM)  

Love. love. love!!! This is so beautiful! I can't believe it looks so great printed on an inkjet printer! Also, is that yellow envelope from Papersource?? Is it the Curry color? I bought one but doesn't look that bright. Looking for a good bright lemony envelope such as the one in the pic. Any advice?

Yuling –   – (May 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM)  

Hello! These are gorgeous! I'm wondering what type of printer you used?

Darby  – (May 11, 2010 at 2:34 PM)  

I have the same question about the Paper Source yellow! The only one I could find was Curry too and I wanted something brighter. Love your stuff as always!!!!!

MaeMae Paperie  – (May 11, 2010 at 3:30 PM)  

the printer is an HP6500.

i don't know where that envelope is from! i have so much collected stationery, paper, etc laying around i saw it as i was actually looking for a white envelope to shoot this post and thought, well perrrrfect.

Geri –   – (June 14, 2010 at 8:09 PM)  

Hi,

Would you let me know how to order the suite? And would it be available in other colors? Thanks! p.s. I can write to you through your contact link if you prefer.

MaeMae Paperie  – (June 15, 2010 at 9:51 AM)  

Hi, Geri! You can call me at 602-502-6711 and we can get started on this suite! Excited to hear from you. *M

Before the Big Day  – (June 16, 2010 at 3:30 AM)  

Thank you! You have completely inspired me to print my own stationery, and I'm about to head out and buy a colour printer! Would you recommend your HP6500? xGeorgia (www.beforethebigday.co.uk)

EmilyJeffords  – (June 17, 2010 at 6:20 PM)  

LOVE This!!! I love the yellow, black, + white combination! Beautiful...

On my blog, I break up the normal painting-a-day posts with a fun "Yellow Wednesday" collection. If you don't mind, I would love to include this in next Wednesday's feature.

Let me know!

Emily
Painting365.blogspot.com

Susan  – (June 18, 2010 at 7:02 AM)  

This is gorgeous! I am curious about your home printing. What printer do you use? Are you able to use the same printer to print envelopes? I ask because I have had problems finding a home printer that prints a variety of envelope sizes. I'd love your input.
Thanks,
Susan

Post a Comment