Twenty Five

Today is my twenty-fifth birthday! I don't think I have been so excited for a birthday since I turned sixteen - you can drive, you're half way through high school, you're a legit teenager. While I might not be gaining any rights in the world for turning 25 I feel like I have arrived in the grownup world finally. I know I look young for my age (I was asked last summer what year I was in high school... hmmm... ) but I'm not going to let that bother me anymore because guess what world, I'm a quarter century old!

Above are photos from my sixteenth birthday party my parents threw for me in our backyard. I had about 20 of my favorite girlfriends over and we had dinner around the pool and danced in the gazebo. Most fun EVER.

Erin  – (October 6, 2010 at 6:33 AM)  

Happy Birthday fellow Libra!! You're so accomplished for being only 25, that's amazing!
Oh, and there is one perk about being you can rent a car. COOL! :)

Lacretia  – (October 6, 2010 at 8:01 AM)  

Happy birthday! Today is my 25th birthday too! Hope you have a wonderful day!

rachel  – (October 6, 2010 at 9:01 AM)  

Happy happy birthday, Megan!!

Hope you have a lovely day celebrating. Eat lots of cake :)

shannon leith  – (October 6, 2010 at 10:39 AM)  

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)
so glad you are alive.
and..... TWENTY FIVE?
i feel like that's a pretty hot age.
hi! i'm 25.
yeah girl.
be that.

Mallory  – (October 6, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

Happy 25th! i'm 24 (25 in March) & I recently got asked if I was in high school too. Whatever - I'm fine with it, haha. Have an awesome day!

Ruthi  – (October 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM)  

haha...oh my gosh, you are all so cuuute!

and Shan - "yeah girl. be that." I fully agree

Truly Smitten  – (October 6, 2010 at 1:11 PM)  

Happppppppy birthday!!! Wow! Only 25....I'm so jealous!

{lauryl}  – (October 6, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

Whoa... you're only 25? How did I not know that? BABY!!! Live it up, darling! Happy birthday!

Giselle  – (October 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM)  

Happy 25th birthday..!!! I'm turning 25 too, next week..!!! Eeeek... Hope you have a wonderful day.. Enjoy..

Anonymous –   – (October 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM)  

Happy birthday! I still remember those twice-baked potatoes. :) Love you hope you had the best day


Emily B.  – (October 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM)  

I celebrated my twenty-fifth two weeks ago, and you and I are in the same boat.....I'm loving this new (more adult) age! Happy birthday!

Sara  – (October 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM)  

happy birthday sweet mae. love you!!

MaeMae Paperie  – (October 11, 2010 at 7:31 PM)  

thanks bloggies for the bday wishes!! it was a beautiful day filled with relaxation and yummy food. AND THEN i had a SURPRISE bday party Saturday thrown by my super sweet hubs. i was so shocked! Sunday i had dim sum, went on a major bday shopping spree, and then ate more cake and popcorn at the Social Network (which i am absolutely obsessed with.)

lots of love! xx, mae

Anonymous –   – (October 14, 2010 at 8:41 PM)  

Hi dear, i found this blog upon a search for wedding and prom dress. And im truly amazed by what you've created. Full of joy and inspiration and anything that's the most beautiful in this world.

And today i know you are just 25! How is that possible? You seem to be too young to be that talented! Yeah, but you are, both young and talented :) Incredible :)

Kate  – (November 4, 2010 at 7:10 PM)  

Our birthdays are only a couple of months apart! My birthday is in late December (actually, it's on Christmas Day), so I'll be turning 25 on the 25th! Gulp...

jennifer.berry  – (December 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM)  

I can't believe I haven't been on Maemae in two months and therefore missed this INCREDIBLE remembrance. Why oh why did I feel the need to wear that horrible dress. I still remember thinking that your party was sooo sophisticated and really wanting to step up my game for the night to meet the swanky feel. You're such a doll, thanks for the laughs today! xoxo

Post a Comment