Meet Dakota

1. Henri Gillet. Pure Genius.
2. kind of perfect in any inspo board...
3. gorg gorg gorg. i am a block printer in my dreams.
4. illustrations for new suite Dakota
5. tiger lily.
6. goes with everything.
7. perfect desert-y dish to have some chocolate covered scorpions in. really.
8. best. clutch. ever. marchesa.
9. so much good breathing space.
10. fresh shopping bag.
11. I'd use it for everything.

I've been in my hometown, Scottsdale, AZ, since Wednesday and am certainly feeling the desert love. This inspiration board is for my Dakota suite which you saw some designs for on Monday. As I work on my wedding collection that is launching in September (!!!) I have been creating characters to design each stationery suite around. This character is a lover of both the desert and sea. Hope it inspires you as well. Have a beautiful weekend!

xx, Mae

Cyd  – (June 3, 2011 at 6:07 AM)  

Love this inspiration board!

Curated By Color  – (June 3, 2011 at 7:14 AM)  

Loving this inspiration board - beautiful sea greens and golds. Can't wait to see your new collection!

Erin  – (June 3, 2011 at 7:15 AM)  

Love this post! Can't wait to see your new collection!

angie  – (June 3, 2011 at 7:46 AM)  

i want #11! pretty color too. it's currently my nail polish color right now. :-P

Jaclyn @ thelateafternoon  – (June 3, 2011 at 8:16 AM)  

I would love to have #7 in my house and #11 to hold my stuff! This is a great inspiration board and the name of your new suite is so fitting for your concept!

Unknown  – (June 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM)  

I love the theme of combining desert with the sea... great juxtaposition. I'm so happy that you're blogging again, and I'm excited to keep reading about your new collection. Congrats on becoming an aunt as well, by the way :o) Have a happy weekend & happy anniversary, too!!!

Kim  – (June 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM)  

Great inspiration! Love the colors!

Trixia  – (June 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM)  

That's a really great idea - to create a character that you can design for. And I love the colour of that envelope clutch!

marysia reeves  – (June 9, 2011 at 7:14 PM)  

I love it when you do these post! LOVE the envelope clutch too.....mmmm that color:)

Post a Comment